Eduvos (Pty) Ltd is committed to the protection of the students and/sponsors Personal Information, and in doing so respects the student/sponsor’s right to privacy. In doing so Eduvos recognises that in processing any Personal Information for the purposes of this Application Eduvos and/or the subsequent enrolment with Eduvos will, at all times, comply with any statutory requirements (as may be applicable from time to time) including but not limited to the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
In terms of section 18 of POPI, Eduvos is obligated to bring the following to your attention:
- The Personal Information pertaining the student/sponsor is collected by Eduvos in order to process the students application, which will include any Personal information which Eduvos can use to identify you, your academic achievements (such as matriculation marks) as well as academic results from other universities and/or institutions (should this be the case).
- The Personal Information (referred to in clause 1 and the Application Form) will be processed by Eduvos in order verify the students’ application to study in order to assess whether the student meets the required criteria for an applicable Programme. This information will only be used by Eduvos to consider and determine admission to the applicable Programme offered by Eduvos.
- Eduvos undertakes to only source and/collect Personal Information directly from yourself (as the student), your Parent/Legal Gaudian/Sponsor, the Department of Education and other education providers (only where applicable).
- Eduvos may use and transfer such Personal Information (which may also include Special Personal Information, such as Race) in electronic format or other format for Eduvos purposes consistent with Eduvos’s relationship with the student and former student including the submission of data for the National Learners’ Record Database and other returns as required by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- As a result, and due to the global nature of Eduvos, Personal Information may be transferred, stored and processed in a country other than South Africa. In this regard, reasonable contractual and other measures have been taken to protect the Personal Information while outside South Africa (such measures will be no less stringent than that provided for in terms POPI).
- Your failure to provide consent for the processing of Personal Information in terms of this Application Form may compromise your admission to study at Eduvos.
- Throughout your studies at Eduvos, you as the student as well as the sponsor will have the right to access and amend any information processed and/or stored by Eduvos at any reasonable time.
- Should you (as the student or sponsor) feel that Eduvos is not living up to this policy in regard to your Personal Information, you have the right to direct a compliant regarding the processing of your Personal Information to the Information Regulator.
- By signing the Application Form, the student and sponsor accept, agree and understand that:
- Eduvos may keep and process Personal Information and/or data or any documents supplied pursuant to this application as well as subsequent enrolment with Eduvos in electronic format, including the Pearson Information supplied by the student and sponsor contained in the application form, which may also include biometric information, which will only be used solely for identification purposes, upon the student completing his/her registration with Eduvos;
- Eduvos may use and transfer such Personal Information and/or data in electronic (which may include Special Personal Information) or other formats for Eduvos’s purposes consistent with Eduvos’s relationship with the student and former student including submission of data for the National Learners’ Record Database and other returns as required by the Department of Higher Education and Training;
- That Eduvos may process the students’ personal information in accordance with its rules and policies for academic and administrative purposes, including disciplinary processes and that Eduvos may use electronically generated documents in place of the originals signed by me.
- In addition to the above (and only applicable where the student is still in the process of completing his/her secondary education), the student accepts, agrees and understands that, Eduvos may communicate with the student’s secondary school about his/her application details with the purpose of supporting my application for the applicable Programme at Eduvos.